PELVIC FLOOR THERAPY - THE POWER FROM WITHIN
CV-PULS automatically trains the pelvic floor muscles and thereby significantly helps restore continence as well as improving muscular performance. This magnetic stimulation and muscle training is a new highly effective non-invasive and painless solution for pelvic floor disorders:
- Stress and urge incontinence
- Pelvic floor organ prolapse
- Bladder overactivity
- Erectile dysfunction
- Fertility and potency improvement
- Improvement of quality of sex
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Rehabilitation after prostatectomy
- Preparation for pregnancy
- Rehabilitation after child birth
- Pelvic pain syndrome
- Lower back pain and arthrosis
- Core muscle strength training
Functionality of CV-PULS pelvic floor muscle stimulator
CV-PULS is a medical device that automatically trains the pelvic floor muscles via Magnetic Stimulation. It is a non-invasive and pain-free therapy. The patient does the treatment fully clothed, sitting comfortably while reading a magazine. The CV-PULS makes use of a strong homogeneous magnetic field which is able to penetrate deep into the pelvic floor muscles and thereby stimulate all surrounding nerves while recruiting and training each relevant muscle.
Weaknesses in the strength and coordination of the pelvic floor muscles (and the supporting fascia & ligaments) is generally accepted as the most important reason for urinary & fecal incontinence, urinary and reproductive organ prolapse, erectile dysfunction, and other health conditions.
CV-PULS pelvic floor muscle stimulation treatment can be applied with or without conservative treatments and provides a useful alternative especially for:
- Patients who do not respond to drug therapy or who suffer from the negative side effects of the drugs.
- Patients who are poor surgical candidates.
- Patients who lack the agility to manage electrical stimulation devices.
- Patients who feel uncomfortable to undress and who find typical incontinence treatment shameful.
- Patients who have a desire to avoid being continually occupied with the incontinence problem and who do not have the stamina to comply with the daily exercise regimen.
The CV-PULS is a 4-step-therapy
- Transpelvic magnetic stimulation system (rTPM)
- Oxygen insufflation
- Light therapy in the visible spectrum
- Low-intensive PEMF for neurotransmitter activation
Advantages of CV-PULS magnetic stimulation over electrical stimulation
High ohmic resistance of bones and skin result in a power loss due to direct contact with the flow of the electric current.
An increase in electric current causes a painful irritation of sensitive nerve endings.
The magnetic field passes through the body without obstacles and generates an induced current flow.
Although the intensity of the field decreases with distance, an intensity level of 60% is enough to induce a strong global contraction of the pelvic floor muscles.
Advantages of CV-PULS magnetic stimulation over self exercises
Doctors generally recommend pelvic floor muscle exercises as the first line of treatment. These are normally self-exercises (i.e., Kegel) with the help of specialized pelvic floor physiotherapists. However these self-exercises have some obvious limitations.
CV-PULS goes beyond these limitations and allows for automated, standardized and highly effective training of the pelvic floor muscles.
As a result, sharp improvement in strength and coordination of the muscles is achieved.
The Pelvic Floor Muscles
One key function of the Pelvic Floor Muscles is to support and lift the pelvic floor organs. The pelvic floor is a “sling” of “hammock”- like muscles that stretches from the pubic bone to the tailbone. If a part of the structure is weakened (and 2% of its strength is lost every year from the age of 25), the hammock loses some of its original functionality and cannot perform efficiently. As a result of the fascia and ligaments stretching, the urinary and reproductive organs prolapse happens and the sexual function deteriorates.